Thursday, August 1, 2013

E is for Engine







This week, we've had a lot of fun talking about the letter E.  We started with a trip to the library and, of course, a sensory bin.  I did not realize how enjoyable my one year old would find our focused "Little Ones" time.  She especially loves the sensory bins!



Curiously checking what is inside

Playing together

Our rock train 
She enjoyed putting items into this old cereal container.
I liked watching the wheels turn in her mind trying to figure out what would fit and what wouldn't.

My little man had a blast loading up a rooftop
 with black eyed peas and dumping it out.
Then the cereal container became an instrument.
My 3 year old impressed me by drawing some nice straight lines
for a train track on his letter E sheet.
It quickly turned to scribbles, though....a little more what I expected! ;)

Then the train delivered E stickers to the page.
We also did a train shape craft


 We read a lot of train books, but my little man LOVED  The Little Engine That Could by Watty Piper, I'm Fast by Kate and Jim McMullan, and Clickety Clack by Rob and Amy Spence.

To check out what other Tot Schoolers are up to this week head on over to 1plus1plus1equals1

No comments:

Post a Comment